Colombian Reintegration Agency (ACR) Main Portal > Reintegration > Questions and answers about the personal dimension

1. Which is the procedure to access the Reintegration Process if a person has demobilized?

In order to access the Reintegration Process the person should contact any office of the Colombian Agency for Reintegration (ACR) where the procedure to be followed will be explained. Nevertheless, the following requirements should be fulfilled:

1. To be certified as a demobilized person by the Operational Committee for the Abandonment of Weapons - CODA.

2. To be at least 18 years old and have a citizenship card.

3. If the person demobilized being younger than 18 years old, his/her rights should have been restituted by the Colombian Institute for Family Welfare (ICBF).

4. Execute the minutes of delivery during ACR's receipt process for those who had been engaged with the benefits granted by the Group of Humanitarian Attention to the Demobilized (GAHD).

5. The person's legal situation must allow this access.

6. Execute the minutes of commitment with the Reintegration Process led by the ACR.

2. How long is the Reintegration Process according to the new resolution?

The duration is flexible and depends on each person and his/her abilities and skills at the moment of accessing the ACR. In any case, the maximum time for being in the Reintegration Process is six and a half years.

3. What are the benefits of accessing the Reintegration Process?

A person accessing the Reintegration Process acquires social, legal and economic benefits provided that they comply with the commitments made in the Reintegration Route.


Information about savings accounts

1. How to open a savings account? What to do if a letter is required for opening a savings account?

When a person enters through the Home of Peace, the procedure for opening a savings account is performed by the professionals in charge of it. If the person who will start a Reintegration Process already has an account and wants to change it, he/she must open such account at the bank of his/her choice and submit a bank certificate at the office of the Regional Group of the ACR in order to make the change in the system and not affect the crediting of the account.

2. What to do if the debit card is lost or blocked?

The corresponding report should be submitted to the police in case of a loss. For the purpose of obtaining a new card or unblocking, the person must resolve the situation directly with the bank that issued the card.

Information about the workshops

1. What are the dates, location and timetables of the workshops performed by ACR's Reintegration Professionals?

In order to know the schedules, it is necessary to go to any of the ACR offices where you will be provided with more information on this regard.

2.  What will happen if a person undergoing a Reintegration Process consistently does not attend the workshops for work reasons?

The ACR, within its strategy, must consider proper timing and spaces for each person undergoing a Reintegration Process. For this specific case, if the person undergoing a Reintegration Process is working, the ACR shall provide effective mechanisms to guarantee that he/she will be able to participate in the activities in time sessions that are contrary to the work schedule.

Information about the ACR's procedures.

1. What are the requirements to finish the Reintegration Process?

The requirements to finish the Reintegration Process are:

  • Successfully meeting the commitments made in the Reintegration Route.
  • Completing 80 hours of social service. 
  • For the individuals that signed the agreement of Law 1424 of 2010, complying with the summons to the Center of Historical Memory and with those of the Public Prosecutor.

2.  When can a person undergoing a Reintegration Process retire from the ACR?

A person undergoing a Reintegration Process can retire from the ACR at any time, taking into account that the Reintegration Process is free and voluntary.  The person may retire from the ACR due to any of the following reasons:

1.  The completion of the Reintegration Route.

2.  The cancellation of the social, economic and legal benefits.

3.  The voluntary renunciation from the Reintegration Process, provided that he/she is not involved in an event of loss of benefits.

4.  The loss of the benefits of the Reintegration Process.

Once the requirements are met, the termination of the Reintegration Process shall be declared through an administrative act and the individual shall be notified.

3. When does a person undergoing a Reintegration Process or a reintegrated person sever the ties with the ACR?

The person finishes the Reintegration Process once his/her process is complete. Nevertheless, he/she must be ready for a subsequent monitoring for a period of three years after finishing his/her Reintegration Route, which in any case is voluntary according to the phases set therein.

4.  Does the reintegrated person have to undergo any other process once the Reintegration Process is concluded?

It is not necessary but the ACR provides the opportunity of requesting the following counseling services without implying a disbursement or an economic commitment:

  • Verification of the legal situation.
  • Immersion in economic contexts.
  • Management of risk situations related to the fact of being a demobilized person.
  • Management of his/her psychological situation.